Idiomatic Expressions Worksheet



Idiomatic Expressions Worksheet


Name:________________________________________

Date:________________________________________


Instructions:

Read the sentence or situation provided and choose the correct idiomatic expression from the list to complete it. Write your answer in the blank.


Idiomatic Expressions List:

1. A piece of cake

2. Hit the nail on the head

3. Break a leg

4. Cry over spilled milk

5. Under the weather

6. Burn the midnight oil

7. Get cold feet

8. A dime a dozen

9. Don't judge a book by its cover

10. Jump on the bandwagon


1. Sarah was feeling ________________ after catching a cold, so she stayed home from school.


2. I have to finish this project tonight, so I'll have to ________________ to get it done.


3. When Tim was asked to give a speech, he was so nervous that he __________________ and declined.


4. Bob thought the book was boring at first, but then he realized, "________________."


5. The weatherman said it's going to rain tomorrow, but I hope he's wrong. I don't want to __________________ at the picnic.


6. The concert is tonight, and I want to wish you good luck, so I'll say, "________________!"


7. These antique coins are very valuable; they are not __________________ like the newer ones.


8. Her presentation was excellent; she really __________________ by addressing all the key points.


9. Don't __________________; it's just a little spill. Let's clean it up and move on.

10. Learning to ride a bike is __________________ for some kids, but it's a skill that will come in handy.


Answer key 


Post a Comment

0 Comments